Pages

Choose Your Blog Platform

You want to start a blog, but which platform do you use?


Blogger is a free blogging platform. I would recommend Blogger if you're a beginner. It's highly customizable and you can find many free templates* and install them yourself. 


Wordpress.org is also free. Wordpress doesn't have many different design options. There are themes inside you can choose from, but none that I really like. You can find some free themes, but installing them is a bit harder than on Blogger. 


Wordpress.com is not free. You have to purchase your own domain name and hosting. Like the free version, designing one isn't the easiest to do. I couldn't design my self hosted Wordpress blog myself, I had to turn to a professional for help. 


I used to prefer Wordpress over Blogger, but Blogger has changed a lot since then and I like it now.


*Here's some places to get free Blogger templates:
Blogger Buster
Blogger Themes
Best Blogger Templates
Ray Templates


There are also other blog platforms available, but these are the only two I've ever used. Search "Blog Platform" on Google and see what others you can find. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.